Tuesday 21 August 2007

White Christmas

Line your baking tin with foil.

Mix 45g/1 & half cups of Rice Bubbles ( I used Rice Krispies), 1 cup of powdered milk, 1 cup of icing sugar, 1 cup of desiccated coconut, 1/3 cup (80g) of red and 1/3 cup of green glace cherries, 1/3 cup (40g) sultanas in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.

Melt 250g Copha (white vegetable shortening) in a pan over low heat, and let it cool slightly. Then pour into the well and stir until all ingredients are moistened and well-combined. Pour it all into the lined tin and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for 30 mins or till set before cutting.

I didn't have enough rice krispies because I made 2 tins, so I topped it up with roughly crushed honey stars, which added a happy yellow to all the other colored bits in the yummy white yogurt-like rocks. In the second tin, I tried adding a tsp of rum flavoring. It made it a lot sweeter.

thanks to Periplus' Superb Brownies, Cakes & Slices

No comments: